Monday, March 24, 2014

Head in the clouds

Yesterday I had the priviledge of being in the backseat as my Dave was flying. It was an evaluation of search and rescue skills, along with various other things that were all "pilot-speak" (so Greek to me).

As we flew up, over and around the terrain surrounding the Mareeba base I was amazed by the difference in the topography here. Not only is the environment an entirely different colour, but it is so incredibly flat.

About 20 minutes into the flight, the assessor mentioned that the type of grassy bush that we were flying over was very similar to that in Arnhem Land, and I was suddenly so very excited! It is a comparatively short time until we go now... And Dave has just a few modules to complete before we can go! This process has felt incredible long, and yet I know that when I look back it will seem like it passed in the blink of an eye. We have learnt a lot, about each other and the mission we will be flying for, we have seen the power of prayer at work, and we have been able to actively step out of our comfort zones and see how God is there, right in the middle of it all!

Soon we will be in Arnhem Land, and there is a lot of uncertainty... But one thing is certain, and that us that when God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:28-31)

Bless you guys!

Kimberley


No comments:

Post a Comment